Our Buffalo mindset
At CultureShoc, we strive to be buffalo and help our clients do the same.
Buffalo by nature act very differently than cows when they encounter a storm. In the United States, when storms sweep across the Great Plains, herds of buffalo sense bad weather and run directly into the belly of the beast. Cows do the opposite, opting to run away from the pain. A natural default, you might think. The problem for cows is that the storm follows them and prolongs their pain. In our experience, the business world often operates the same way. Those who unintentionally avoid or even run from their core challenges never really break through to new levels of performance and results, while those who charge toward the proverbial storm often make it through to the green pastures and sunny skies.
Being a buffalo rather than a cow seems obvious, but it’s not easy. We help teams and leaders embrace the buffalo mindset and experience the massive benefits of doing so.
These guide us in everything we do.
BE A BUFFALO – We think you get it by now.
UNCOMMON LEADERSHIP – Lead authentically and without ego, and lead from where you are.
RELENTLESS GROWTH – If you stop learning and growing, you’ll die.
OWN SUCCESS – Make it happen, don’t wait for someone else to do it, don’t apologize for wins and celebrate the success.
About our founder, Ron Kaminski
For more than a dozen years, Ron has been an entrepreneur, business owner, facilitator, coach and advisor to organizations looking to attract and retain high performers. Specializing in culture development and change management for organizations, Ron excels at helping companies engage their people to grow, thrive and embrace a Buffalo Mindset. A John Carroll University alum, Ron is a Certified EOS® Implementer, Certified Self-Management Master Coach/Trainer and an Entrepreneurs’ Organization (EO) Regional Board Member.
Regardless of your industry or our engagement, our approach is the same. We run through these steps to maximize your investment:
1. Current and Desired Reality – We plan and research the cultures of our clients/partners. Our preparation is crucial to our impact.
2. Emotional Engagement – Whether a one-hour team building event, full day meeting, or ongoing relationship, everything we do is to achieve emotional engagement within teams. Every interaction is with intent to align teams on a deeper level to drive performance.
3. Creation of Habits – Teams don’t transform overnight. We get that. What we can do in one day or less, however, is create a foundation for positive habits. And if you choose, we help enforce those habits until they’re second nature.
4. Culture of Accountability – Do you follow through on commitments? Does your team? We believe in clear accountability, single ownership of tasks and agreed-upon due dates. We give away our accountability secrets (hint: they’re not a secret!)
5. Telling the Stories – We cultivate and help you shout your success stories from the rooftops.
WHY WE’RE DIFFERENT
Here’s why we’re not like any consultants/facilitators/coaches you’ve worked with before.
We systematically and purposefully help our clients create winning cultures.